Experience Squam Lake
Experience the charm of Squam Lake up close and personal.
Squam Lake is known as one of the most peaceful and pristine in the country. The fog rises from the water early in the morning, loons fill the air with their haunting call.
- Conde Nast Magazine
No visit to the Lakes Region of New Hampshire is complete without an opportunity to explore Squam Lake, the lake featured in the movie, On Golden Pond.
Ways to experience Squam Lake:
- There are several beaches, a swamp boardwalk, and over 4 miles of hiking trails located at Chamberlain-Reynolds Memorial Forest. It is a 157-acre forest with over a mile of waterfront with its shorefront area and trails managed for public use by the Squam Lakes Association.
- Rental of kayak available from Squam lakes Association available for a half day or full day, and with them you can experience Squam Lake and its public islands with a self-guided tour.
- Motorized boats, paddleboats, and canoes are available at several marinas such as Asquam Marina, Riveredge Marina, and Squam Lakeside Farms. If you are bringing your own boat, you can rent a slip at Riveredge Marina on Little Squam Lake or launch your boat right in town at the public access ramp.
- For a guided tour of Squam Lake, enjoy the Science Center Lake Cruise available for public tours each day in the summer.
- For a more personalized experience and to customize your adventure “Experience Squam.” Captain Cindy has lived on Squam Lake for many years and has tales to tell. Along with her tour of Squam Lake, she can take you fishing, swimming, or nature watching as you request.
- Step back in time and explore Squam Lake with Captain Dave on his antique Puffin III 27ft launch boat built in 1928. Enjoy a private tour, while enjoying appetizers and fine wine provided by the Manor, and the Captain shares the clever history of the Lakes region.
- Learn to sail at the Squam Lakes Association where sailboats can be rented for a day of sailing with the gentle breeze of Squam Lake. Sail beside the loons and enjoy their afternoon play time.